Background

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

December 7, 2015

We have pass along cards with a website to see the “A Savior is Born” video. Have you seen it? There’s also a video called “Why We Need a Savior”. They’re really awesome.

This week I don’t have any pics to send, sadly. I don’t feel like too much has gone on this week. We did some shopping last P Day and I decided to buy a terabyte memory. Don’t judge me. It’s something that I’ve wanted for a while and I’m excited to use it when I get back too. Also, we visited a family and finally met the dad, Jackson. It turned out that he hadn’t eaten anything in about 2 days because he had just lost his job. They’ve been putting the priority on their 3 kids and mom. We had a lesson with them. Afterwards I wanted to buy them something that they could eat for dinner. So, we bought just a couple of things for the family and at the moment that we knocked on the door, they were praying and asking for food to eat. Right when they said their prayer, we knocked on the door returning with food. It was a neat experience and it was nice to be able to help them.

We taught Sister Milagros that we have been teaching forever, trying to rescue her. She’s been less active longer than I’ve been alive, but she is awesome and so willing to commit. She does have pains though and can’t get up on time sometimes for church. This last Saturday, we taught her, and she started talking to us and saying that she’s really excited for Sunday to pay her tithing. She’s been paying tithing for about a year now and she’s seen many blessings in her life. She actually thanked us for teaching her about the commandment of tithing. She literally thanked us for telling her or reminding her about a commandment and the blessings that she could receive if she kept it. It was so awesome. I feel so much love for her, and for many other families. They always give powerful testimonies that strengthen my own…of how the gospel has changed and blessed their lives. I really felt the spirit witness to me the greatness of her words and the testimony that she now has. Yesterday we saw the Christmas devotional that the first presidency did. It was so awesome. I repeat as I said last year, I had no idea that the church did a Christmas devotional until I came here on my mission. It was news to me. I loved the talk by Elder Bednar where he explained that Christ was the light predicted to come into the world. Awesome! I recommend the talk. I felt the spirit as I watched and listened. It was a normal week, but a good one, nonetheless. Me and my comp are trying to talk more openly and more often to always get along well. Obviously, it’s not 100 percent, but we get along really well. We still wanna improve in those moments of frustration that still come from one thing or another. It’s a work in progress. I’m happy with the progress that we’ve had so far.

Love you mom, give my love to the fam and to all the little babies that I will be seeing soon! I love you guys so much! The package hasn’t come quite yet but I’m excited for it! I love you so much, mom. Thanks for all that you do. Words can’t express the gratitude that I feel towards you!
Love,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment