Background

Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 20, 2016

Well, I don’t really know what to talk about for this week. I’ve had lots on my mind. I’ve been thinking so much about finishing strong, and I don’t want to get distracted, but I can see the end. To be honest, it’s been getting to me somewhat. I’m still working hard and giving it my all. I can see the shoreline, but I’m still rowing hard! This week I had 2 interchanges with elders in my district. The first one was with an elder from Peru that doesn’t even care about what he does on his mission. It was super lame to be honest. He’s lazy and doesn’t try hard to be obedient. Then, I had an interchange with his companion. That one was awesome. He’s from Utah, and he is finishing with me. He’s still working hard to help the people in his area, while his comp couldn’t care less about what goes on. Sad. We talked a lot about how to help his comp to take more part in the work. We identified many aspects of how he can help his comp to try harder. It was a great time together, and this week I’ll be having more interchanges with them to verify their progress. I don’t want the other elder to get trunky and ruin everything, because they did something stupid this week and we had to correct them. I just wanna make sure that they aren’t doing anything stupid nor wasting their time in their area. It’s good because it’ll keep me busy helping them out. 

We had our last zone conference with President and his wife. In that conference me and 3 other elders from my group gave our last testimonies. It was weird to do. My whole mission I could never see myself giving the last testimony in front of everyone like that but the time had arrived. It’s interesting to reflect on my mission and all the things that have happened, all that has gone on, and all that I’ve done and seen. I’m very happy with the mission that I’ve had. My only worry is that I won’t be able to stay focused these last weeks. I continue to pray for concentration and help to not get trunky. I’m not trunky. I’m fighting it. I pretty much only have 2 and a half weeks left in my area. Then we’re gonna travel to Lima on Friday of the last week here in order to do a temple trip with all the missionaries from my group. It’s a new thing that President is doing, taking all the missionaries finishing their missions to the temple for one last session in the Lima temple. It’s awesome! I’m excited for it! 
This week we placed Luis Angel with a baptismal date, a PF that we’ve been teaching for about 3 weeks or so. He is so great and after doing many inspired questions with him, he told us that what he knows he needs to do is repent and be baptized. So, right then we invited him, and he accepted. It was great. We also invited a young man Diego that we’ve been teaching for about 3 weeks as well. He also desires to join the church. He is very curious and very receptive to the teaching. I’m happy with the work that we are doing and the success that the Lord is granting us here. I feel like we are doing our part here. I just wanna keep going.
Please know that I love you so much, and I’m gonna finish strong. I’m excited to be finishing, but nervous and anxious as well. I love this work. I love the Lord. I am so grateful for this gospel in my life. I love you, my family. Send my love to dad, and tell him to keep hanging in there. I’m so excited to hug him hard, but his back has to be better for that! xoxoxo!!

Cordialmente,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment