Background

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Danny's first P-Day, Mexico MTC, July 25, 2014

So my p-day is on Friday. I had to wait until this Friday to get my first p-day. It’s been killer waiting. Now it’s here and I can relax a little bit. It’s great hearing from you. I was worried it would be just like one email, and only from you. (Not that it would have been bad to only get an email from you, but it’s nice to know that I haven’t been forgotten.) But, I got plenty of them from the family, and David too. So, thank you so much. Oh, by the way, I now know why David doesn't use punctuation. There’s no time for grammar in here. We only get an hour to email! No time! haha

It’s been good here, had some rough days. Two nights ago I got really homesick. I missed the babies a lot. I just wanna hold them. That’s it. They make me happy. Anyways, enough of that. So the food has been good: American food, Mexican food. We even got Costco pizza 3 times so far. Apparently, every Tuesday is Costco pizza after our devotional. It’s awesome (so good and so big)! Also, we had chicken nuggets one lunch. I kinda laughed a little bit. It reminded me of the kids. It was funny. I wrote about it in my journal. haha. I’ve been keeping my journal every night, so were good there. I sleep fine. (I've never had too much trouble falling asleep in unfamiliar beds, as long as they are, in fact, beds) I haven’t used the mosquito net, but there are a ton of mosquitos in our houses. They just don’t bother us too bad. I have two companions: Elder Winnie and Elder Walker. Elder Walker’s comp went home to take care of some stuff that he needed to take care of. That’s why we have three of us, but its cool. I like them. Elder Winnie is from Alpine, UT. Elder Walker is from Gilbert, AZ. They’re cool guys. I have pictures, but I don’t know how to hook up my sd card. There’s no time to figure it out. So, when i know, I’ll send the pics. Also, tell everyone to email me pictures. I’m really regretting not bringing pictures here. Please tell everyone to send me pictures and maybe videos of the babies and the fam. It would be greatly appreciated. The CCM (MTC in Spanish) is surreal. It feels like we’re still in Utah, but then you look over the wall and it’s the slums of Mexico at its worst. It’s really weird. We’re on like an island in here!

They want us to speak only Spanish. But, it’s really hard. I really regret not taking Spanish in high school. The training is going fine, I guess. It’s really difficult, but, that’s where the Lord comes in and helps every step. Yesterday, I was having a really hard day. I wasn't understanding the language at all. I didn’t know what I was doing here, and I felt really lost and alone. I had been praying for help from my Heavenly Father, but i felt like He wasn't answering. Then, we were sitting in class and our teacher told us to open the Book of Mormon to some scripture, not sure where. When I opened up my scriptures the first page I came to was a highlighted scripture from David (I believe, cuz it was his old set that he used to use): 2 Nephi 22:2. It changed my day and helped me out so much. It strengthened me. Yesterday was my make it or break it day. I was so lost, and really homesick. I didn't know what I was going to do if I didn't get help soon. Then, God answered my prayers in the coolest way. If you exercise faith in Him, He will help you. I know that. I know that God loves all His children, and I can’t wait to tell that to everyone I meet (in Spanish)! Oh, we are teaching investigators already. We started on Friday, and we've been teaching like crazy. It has to be in Spanish, and it’s really hard. Last night the spirit was with us and it was so great. (The investigator is fake, I guess, but it’s supposed to seem totally real.)

Tell everyone to email me pictures. Thanks for all your help and words of wisdom! Best mom a boy could have. I’ll be sure to write more about my experience next time, but I’m way over the time limit!
Love you so much,
Elder Wilson (the cool one)

No comments:

Post a Comment