Background

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dec. 14, 2014

I got the package of the 12 days of Christmas. I love it! Thanks so much for all the goodies! I’ll have you know that I am eating the stuff as the days come. I’m not skipping ahead. I know. I’m so grown up, right! Also, I’m saving the present that you sent me for Christmas. I’ll open it over skype. I’m so excited! This week was pretty crazy. We’ve been working really hard and a lot of good things were happening with the ward in Chorrillos. Then, suddenly, I got called for an emergency transfer. I left for Pisco, which is in the southern part of the mission. So, I went from like the richest, nicest part of the mission, to the south where it’s almost completely dirt. The houses are made out of wood, and if they are not made of wood, they are concrete and tiny. It’s awesome! The people here are poor. POOR!! They don’t have much. It makes some more humble and others hard hearted. I’ve only been here in Pisco about two days. The transfer just happened on Friday morning. I got in Pisco late Friday night. I don’t have any idea what is going on here. It’s all a little crazy and I’m still trying to take it all in. I was able to learn a lot in my first area. Our mission president wrote me, and he told me that I need to take all that I have learned in my first area and apply it here. I was sent here for a reason and I know that there is a lot that I need to do here. The area is good and really small. We can walk the whole area in less than 10 minutes which is a huge change from my other area. I’ve learned a few things about the south of Peru. When you get out of Lima, water starts to be a big issue. In our house (a three story house for just the two of us. The first room of this house is bigger than the 2 room apartment in my last area. It’s awesome with lots of space. It’s just unnecessary.) we have a problem with getting water. In the morning, we have just enough water to take a shower and have breakfast and stuff. When we get back to the house at the end of the day, there’s no water. There’s nothing. I know it sounds gross, but when we go to the bathroom at night we just leave it until morning when we get more water. Nothing comes out of the faucets. My companion, Elder Perez from Mexico, told me that the water company only sends water at certain times to our area. Because of that we don’t get water at night. Elder Perez’ previous companion was a new missionary. He struggled and decided to go home. That’s why I’m here now. I've been doing well. The Spanish is coming along nicely but patience is a virtue, that’s for sure. It’s really hot here in the summer. We’re in the desert of Peru (practically) but were gonna go to the beach as a zone to play capture the flag today. It’ll be sweet! Well, that’s my week.

My love to the family!!
Elder Wilson

PS I’m showering like in the movie Elf. It’s awesome!






No comments:

Post a Comment