Background

Friday, January 9, 2015

Dec. 29, 2014

Please don’t think that I didn’t like the Christmas gift. I honestly just thought it would be some candy or something. But, it was a nativity set! I was surprised, not disappointed. I realized that I wouldn’t really be able to do anything with it until the next Christmas so I felt kinda stupid for waiting until Christmas day to open it! hahaha But, I did as you suggested, and gave it to the family that let me use their laptop to skype. They were appreciative.

I had a lot of things planned out in my head of what I wanted to talk to you guys about on Christmas. I completely went blank as I saw you guys! I had just gotten so happy that the only thing I wanted to do was see my family and hear all their voices and see the babies. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be out here. I seriously would not be on my mission if it wasn’t for you. Mom, because of you, I was able to find Christ in my life. He was always there, and I was always surrounded by great Priesthood and Young Men’s leaders. I just wasn’t listening/paying attention as I should have. But, because of you Mom, I was able to turn to Christ and the enabling power of His Atonement and be here today. I am here on my mission in Peru, because of the person that you have raised me to be. I have learned so much from your example, from your teaching methods, from the experiences that you have had, and from the many Christ like attributes that you have. Mom, your patience and unconditional love helped me bustante (so much)! I recently wrote a list of the reasons/people for why I am on my mission. And I realized, to a really great degree, that you are one of the greatest reasons. Mom, I have never thanked you enough. I have never told you enough times how much I truly do love you. Yet, you always tell me! How selfish! Well, I really just want you to understand how appreciative I am for you. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to say all this in “person” over skype, but here it is. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me to see the Light of my Redeemer.

So we just had transfers. I learned that I am going to be training this transfer. I feel so excited for this chance that the Lord has given me. I don’t exactly feel ready, but I’m super excited to start this new “venture” (haha. That word makes me think of the babies!). I’m going to work on helping this new missionary to the best of my abilities, and I’m going to trust a ton in the spirit. I’m pumped!

I love you. I’m out of time, but I love you so much! Please tell Janeen and Todd that I got their package and I loved it…especially the tie! Christmas here was great! Thanks for all the letters that I’m still getting. I love reading all of them. Until next week, keep the faith!

Love your son,
Elder Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment