Background

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Feb. 23, 2015

Not much exciting has happened lately. We’ve had our baptismal dates falling through. For one thing or another, our investigators are just not going to Church. It’s kinda frustrating at times, but we’re doing what we can. Another package is on its way? Sweet! Thanks for all that you do and send. I’m excited for my glasses above all. And peanut butter here is about 7 dollars for a normal sized jar. It’s expensive! I’ve been finding and making chocolate pudding. Haha. But, I’m glad I’ll be getting more. Thanks for everything. I’m so glad that I have such a supportive family. I’m glad that David is doing well and getting used to everything at home. I love you guys so much. I’m so happy and full of joy when I think of the fact that we are and will always be an eternal family…for all eternity. I love my family. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ that makes the salvation of all men possible!

I did not get any letter this past week, but its ok. I think it’s due to the address change of the mission office, and that I’m here in the south. It takes a while. I’m expecting mail tomorrow at the reunion. Don’t worry!

This week me and comp had an experience. He was freaking out one day and getting scared for what has been going on with his family. He’s a convert, his parents are divorced, and he’s had some crazy stuff happen in his life especially with his dad. Long story short: his dad is in jail for dumb stuff that he’s done while being drunk and depressed. My comp is worried for all that. He got really emotional. I listened to him, and just tried hard to discern what I should say. I prayed for help and tried to think of what it is that he needed to hear. I gave him a booklet that we have for stress, and I tried to talk to him and calm him down. It helped a little, but not too much. I actually was getting the impression to give him a hug, just give him a hug. I put it off, because I didn’t want to lose my manhood... I eventually did and told him that he’s where he needs to be. Then he just felt better. I felt so full of the spirit, and I feel I followed the simple impression to just give my comp a hug. That’s exactly what he needed at that point. I know that Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us personally. As much as we try to do things our own way, what we think is best, God knows what’s needed. I testify of these simple truths. I know that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, and that salvation is for and through Him and His Atonement. I love this Gospel, and I love all of you! Thank you for your love and encouragement. Have a great week. I love you so much and am so appreciative for the love I feel from you in all that you do for me!

Love,
Elder Wilson
Pisco Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment