Background

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

May 18, 2015

Fun fact: I received a letter from the Salt Lake pouch this past week that was dated back in November 2014. It was pretty funny. This last p-day we watched “Facing the Giants” It’s a really good movie, although the accents are terrible! It was a lot better the first time we watched it in Spanish with English subtitles. Haha. I’ve attached a pic of my agenda. We had an exchange with the zone leaders this week. The zone leader that came to my area and had my agenda for the day, he’s from England. Pretty cool huh? Anyway, that’s what he wrote and drew in my agenda from the exchange. “We will get the colonies back!!” It was hilarious! This week we also found a new investigator who is super interested in the gospel. He’s a 19 year old guy named William. Just this past Saturday he accepted a baptismal date for the 13 of June. He’s super great and you can see the interest that he has in the gospel. We teach a lot of people that don’t capture or retain, or don’t want to retain what we teach. They don’t care. William is really interested and it’s awesome! I feel the spirit so strong when we teach him.

I’ve had an awesome week, really. I’ve been using the Book of Mormon a lot more in my teaching. It’s really helped our investigators to understand and accept true principles and commandments. It’s an amazing and powerful tool that we have. I know that it has changed my life. Mom, I love you because you encouraged me to read the Book of Mormon before my mission and it is something that changed my life. Although I did not get to finish it, it started a real testimony of the Book of Mormon. It helped me to stay on the straight and narrow path. I love you so very much mom and I’m so glad to be here where I am right now. I hope you have an amazing birthday. Please remember that on your birthday (I do realize that it’s not until the 29th) I wanted to write you early. So, that’s about it. Not much new news. Enjoy your week and remember that the gospel is true! Live it!

Love, Your Son,
Elder Wilson

PS. This is a pic from our service project this last Thursday. We painted a member’s upstairs room. It took a long time and we had to mix the paint with water. I just used my hand, it was a lot easier.  



No comments:

Post a Comment