Background

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

May 11, 2015

This week was pretty good. We found an investigator and his family are members. He’s a drug addict and he wants to quit. He just doesn’t feel like God is listening because his addiction isn’t going away. He has been in a rehabilitation center twice. When he got out clean, everything went terribly wrong in his life. He’s looking to change but doesn’t know how. We contacted him and we went to his tiny little room that he’s living (smaller than the size of our office) and we taught him about the Atonement. It was a really great lesson, and we think that he can really progress. Now we’ll see. Yesterday for Mother’s Day, we were in the Bishop’s house using his computer and we ate lunch there. By the time me and my comp finished and left (granted there were many hang-ups because my comps family doesn’t know skype too well) we were there for about 6 hours. It was a long time. There wasn’t much we could do about it. Anyway, it was so great to see you guys and so great to talk to you. I was looking forward to that moment all weekend. Now that it’s passed, I’m just waiting for Christmas. Haha. Nothing terrible, I just love seeing everyone. I loved seeing all the babies. It was amazing to see how big they all are! Wow, that was awesome! It sucks that we don’t get to talk for more time, but it’s fine. I really liked sharing my testimony with you and Dad and David. I liked hearing David’s testimony as well. My testimony has really grown on my mission and I’ve realized that I never really had a testimony before. It was never something that I had to exercise and share with other people. I had a testimony of the Atonement and of Joseph Smith, but more than that, not really. I can honestly testify, now, that I know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. What we are teaching day in and day out to anyone that will listen, is the truth and the good news that God is proclaiming to his children. I know that Christ came to this earth, came to the Americas, lived a sinless life and died still perfect, and always willing to do the will of the Father. I know that through him I can be clean of my sins. All mankind will be resurrected and be clean as well if they accept him and follow his commandments. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. He restored this church to the earth, and that through him we have the power and authority of God to bind on earth as well as in heaven. Because of what I know, without a single doubt, I know that I will see my family again, that I will see Grandma Wilson, and Emily because we have been sealed in the holy temple of God. I know that these things are true. I have proved them within myself. Just thinking about my family makes me happy because I know that my family is eternal. My family loves me unconditionally, and I love them. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and despite all the times that I have disappointed him and made him suffer for my sins and my downfalls, he is still waiting for me to come, follow, and serve him. I love that my mission has taught me these things. I love that I get to testify of these things, knowing that they are true. I love seeing other people change from the knowledge that they gain of the gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is on the earth to bless us and change our lives. The Book of Mormon has changed my life and although it was a very gradual change at first (I didn’t even seem to notice) it is one that is continuing to take effect in my life. Every time I read that book I feel something different. I read it every day so that I can feel the peace that comes from it. No one can take away or diminish my testimony and even if the worst things in the world happen, I would still hold true to this gospel because it is a foundation from the which I know we cannot fail. I put my trust in the Lord and I know that He is sustaining me. I love being here on my mission. Sometimes I have to remind myself that, because I still get discouraged. But, I love the experiences that I’ve gained.

Mom, I hope you had an amazing Mother’s Day. Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for me. You are the reason I made it here. I owe it to you. I love you with all my heart. I pray always for the family’s well-being and safety. Give them my love because I really do love each and every one of them. Give my love to Dad. Remember to stay true to everything that is right! This world is hard, but it’s so much easier keeping the commandments and having the Lord on our side. To that I testify, in the name of Jesucristo. Amen.

Have an amazing week!
Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment