Background

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sept. 15, 2014

This week was a good one. I’ve been picking up Spanish a lot better. I know that it is completely the gift of tongues, and I’m so grateful to have been blessed with that. This would be impossible otherwise. We had a really cool experience this week. Our landlords daughter has been in the hospital for a really long time due to her pregnancy. She’s only 6 and a half months along. On Saturday she was having contractions and was going to give birth. It would have been really dangerous. We prayed for her and the baby. Later we heard that everything would be fine and they were both doing well. We got back that night and found out that her baby boy had been born but had passed away after just a few short hours. We were shocked! We thought that our prayers had been answered. But, actually, they had been answered. God had a greater plan that we didn’t know. Now that child has gained a body. God needed him in heaven so He brought him back really quickly. It’s interesting…the ways of God sometimes. Obviously, the Hermana is really upset, and so is our landlord and her husband. They know of the Plan of Salvation and they are trusting in His Atonement to get through this rough time. I told her how we have Emily who passed away as a baby. I didn’t know how to say what i was feeling, which was really frustrating. This reminded me of why I am here and the love that our Father in Heaven has for us. He has given us the amazing blessing and gift of eternal families. It really reminded me of the importance of my teaching people of His amazing plan that has been prepared for us. It renewed my excitement to let the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ be known to all! Don’t fret about me. I’m being helped every single day.

We went bowling for p-day last week. It was awesome. I did the best, of course (all thanks to my completely waste of time but really fun class at BYU). Yippee! haha, I’m learning the consequences of spending money without thinking about it first. I hope I can make it to the end of the month. Uh oh! Haha.

Give my love to the fam and thanks for all the love and prayers!
Love,
Elder Danny Wilson



No comments:

Post a Comment