Background

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sept. 22, 2014

I just barely had this awesome experience! So, I have been really struggling. I have literally (not figuratively but literally) felt like something was missing inside of me. My chest just had this feeling like there’s a hole right in the middle. I know what it is. It was the missing companionship of the Holy Ghost. I didn’t know how I could go on without the spirit. I was feeling so down and I really just wanted to leave here. So, while my companion was emailing, I started to pray. I’ve been praying every day, but this prayer was different. This was a “I don’t know what to do. I can’t go on.” type of prayer. I humbled myself and just opened my mouth to whisper a prayer. As soon as I said the word “Father”, the Spirit comforted me. I was completely encircled in the comfort of the Spirit. It was such a relief to feel that again. Less than 24 hours without the spirit, but I had gotten so down. Now, I feel great. I know my Father in Heaven loves me. I know that He knows me perfectly and is waiting to bless me. I just had to ask with the requirements in Moroni 10:4. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and I know that He has felt and suffered for my sins. I know that because of His selfless and loving act: The Atonement. I can be reconciled to God. I can receive comfort, help, and strength to keep going. I love this gospel. I love my Savior and my Father in Heaven. I’m so grateful to be here in Peru. I’m glad that I continue to learn more of the Gospel. (It’s nice to break from learning the language and learn something else at times!) I love this Gospel! I know that I am where I need to be. God lives and loves all of His children, not just a few. We do missionary work because God wants all of His children back (not just the ones that already have the Gospel). Give my love to the Family! Gotta run!
Love,
Elder Danny Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment