Background

Friday, October 10, 2014

Oct. 7, 2014

Well, I haven’t gotten a mailed letter every week, but I’ve gotten letters pretty often. The ones that I have gotten, along with all the awesome pictures, are sufficient. I know that I need to be more careful with money. I just made a lot of whimsical purchases on unnecessary stuff. I paid for it, literally! I now have my plan, and so far I’ve stuck to it. I still have my goodies from your package. I’ve been eating and snacking on them forever it feels like. The only money I’ve spent is travel on the buses, so it’s been good so far. I don’t think I will use the envelope budgeting method. (I don’t have envelopes, haha.). But, it’s a good idea. I’m excited to learn all this fun adult stuff! Haha.
The cookies in the picture were from the Mission President’s wife. Just a little something for the b-day. My birthday was awesome! The day was good and then topped off with a cake from our pensionnista. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but the family that we’re living with is awesome. We live in a room at the top of the stairs, and there’s a room across from us. Our pensionnista is downstairs with her husband. They are just the nicest people in the world! They got me a birthday cake (guava cake). I didn’t think I would like it. It was actually really good, just like all the food here! Oh, the reason I’m emailing today is because we had cambios (transfers) yesterday. Everyone, whether you get transferred or not, has P-Day on Tuesday. It’ll be like that every time, just so you know. I didn’t get transferred. I’m still here in Chorrillos. I’m glad because I’ve just barely started learning the street names and directions. The addresses here are so messed up. Nobody knows where anything is. It’s useless asking for directions to a house or a street.
Last P-Day we went to McDonalds for lunch. Finally, McDonalds! I wanted a spicy Mc chicken. Did they have it? No!! Ugh, I was so disappointed. But I’m looking forward, not backwards. The fast food places here are not the same. Dominoes is disgusting…the pizza sauce is gross. But, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns are delicious. That makes up for it. Haha. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it, but they put aji (pepper) on everything. It’s like pepper sauce/cream, and it is so good. There’s one brand called Tari and it is delicious. I was telling our pensionnista about ranch sauce, and they said they would get some. They did. I tried it on a salad, and that was not ranch! GROSS! So, I smothered my salad in Tari and it was much better. Haha.

We weren’t able to watch General Conference this week, but we get to see it next Sunday. Next time I’ll talk about it. No time left really. I love my family!

birthday cookies from the mission pres.

guava bday cake

No comments:

Post a Comment