Background

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Nov. 17, 2014

Things here are really looking up. I think. We had transfers yesterday and I got my new companion. He’s from Mexico and has been out about a year in the mission. He’s the district leader here. He is a really awesome hard worker. He knows a lot about the work and he has so much enthusiasm! I’m staying in my same area. Now I’m kind of the director of the area until he learns it and then we can be leading each other. I finished the first 12 weeks of my training. I’m officially a regular missionary, more or less anyway. Elder Sanchez is really pushing me. My old comp and I had gotten pretty discouraged with the area (we weren't seeing the results that we wanted). But, in just the first day of this transfer we taught 3 new investigators, 2 less actives, placed one investigator with a baptism date, one less active family with a date to go to the temple, and received references from the people! We had such a productive day, worked our butts off, and got back to our room just before 9:30 dead tired. It was a really good day though. I know that we’re gonna start seeing good things in this area and from the ward. Oh my gosh, I am so tired right now. I just wanna take a nap and I’m so glad that it’s P-day! Let me tell ya. Haha. 

Thanks for all the letters and the package. They were really great. Thanks for all the love. Yes, I really do feel it and I love it. I told you that I was gonna send you a letter with the daughter of Janeen’s friend in Salt Lake. But, now I can’t. When we were going to leave to our zone conference to deliver the letter and everything, we found out the I had to go to the migrations office for a license card (saying that I’m allowed to be here). So, I wasn’t able to give the letter to the zone leaders to be sent. I’ll find a way to send the letter. But, it’s gonna be late.

I’ve been doing better with the language, with the teaching, and with the mission in general. I’m improving little by little, and really striving to work hard. Life is good out here. It’s rough sometimes, but, it’s good. I love it.

Love you so much. Give my love to the family. I think of you all often.
Elder Wilson

Pictures: the building with the fire symbol is a university that looks really cool. The other is a pic of me and Elder Gomez on transfer day.




No comments:

Post a Comment