Background

Friday, March 27, 2015

March 24, 2015

I finally got my package. It was awesome and I loved it. I love the photos, and the hands of the babies, and the beef jerky! Thanks so much!

Transfers this week. I got my new companion, Elder Morales. He’s from Peru. My first Peruvian comp. It seems that I’m gonna need to help him to be more obedient. He’s a pretty relaxed guy. He has 4 months left in the mission. He’s a convert at 17 years old. So far we’ve gotten along. My last comp (that I was training) went to a part of Lima. Now I’m in a co-companionship.
I had a good last week with my comp. I was pretty sure that I would be leaving my area. I was prepared for it and everything, but it turned out that Elder Yaguana got transferred. I was surprised (half disappointed/half happy). To be honest, I wanted to try a new area, a new companion, and go to a prettier place. The Lord needs me to be here now with Elder Morales. We have a few investigators with baptismal dates, Rosa and Luis. I would love if you guys would pray for them. Also pray for Miguel, Rubi, and Alejandro. They are my recent converts, and they need some help. They’ve stopped coming to church for the last couple of weeks and it’s really frightening. I don’t know what’s going on. We’re trying to visit and help them. Please be praying for them. They are really great.

The Spanish is just fine at this point. I had another experience this week. We were teaching an investigator who is Catholic (just like every single person here) and she had a ton of questions. She was asking about the prophet, how we know that Pres. Monson is the prophet, how it is that he is called, about Joseph Smith, and everything. She was getting impatient and I was getting a little uptight with her impatience as she wasn’t accepting the answers that we were giving her. I decided to end the lesson (afterwards she understood from a member explaining it). I simply bore my testimony of Joseph Smith and Pres. Monson. I let her know that this is true and that we have a prophet here on the earth today. Thanks to Joseph Smith, the authority of God is back on the earth today. I loved it! I’ve really grown to love testifying to the people. It makes my testimony grow each time. Brigham Young has said something interesting. He said that more people have gained a testimony standing up trying to bear it, than they have kneeling down trying to earn it. It’s made me want to bear my testimony and to have it grow that way. I’m super excited for this week. We have a lot of work still to do and I’m ready to do it.

I’ve been gaining weight here pretty bad. It sucks, but what are you gonna do when you’re hungry! Haha. I’m sure I’ll lose weight in other areas, but here we eat way too much rice! I love you guys so much! I love the family and hearing from others that you guys are going to the temple and spending good time with one another. Thanks for the letter and explanation last week. I know that I went to church for my friends, my leaders, and the fact that you made me go. I wanted to go, really. I had the desire. I didn’t always feel worthy to be there, and so it was hard. Looking back on it, those three factors and the fact that it was a tradition or rule of the house…that’s what got me here. I see so many that don’t have that rule from their parents, and they don’t go to church. The parents don’t wanna be so strict, but then they claim that their kids don’t listen to them! It’s irritating sometimes but we’re working on it. I love being here. I love being able to learn from the people and to deepen my testimony of this restored gospel. I love this church. I love my family!

Love,
Elder Wilson

Elder Yaguana


No comments:

Post a Comment