Background

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Nov. 16, 2015

Thanks so much for the recipe of the turkey. I need a recipe for gravy and stuffing. About the Christmas package…I’ve been thinking about the real meaning and purpose of being out here at Christmas time. I know that you’re already putting together a package for Christmas. I hope you haven’t sent it yet. I would like, instead of a bunch of stuff for Christmas, you to give instead to the missionary fund, or give anonymously to a needy family. The candy and stuff, it goes fast, but a donation of some sort…it’s not something that goes away. It’s something more memorable on both sides of the donation. If I were to receive something from home, I would please ask that it only be small inexpensive things that I could share with my companion as well. (Last year I got 2 of everything for my comp and that was awesome. My comp was happy about it.) Just want to keep with the whole spirit of Christmas and help someone else out. I think that would be really cool. Just an invitation I would like to extend keeping in mind my purpose. But, you know I will love whatever decision you make on the matter. Love you so much for your judgement!

The Familia Santillan got married and baptized!!! I was so happy that they could finally do it and everything turned out perfectly. They almost got there late for the wedding, which was kinda scary, but it turned out just fine. And for their baptism, there was a ton of people there to support them. (I’m pretty sure that everyone just showed up and stayed because they knew that there would be cake and treats. It’s cool because they came! Jose and Marilu are such wonderful people. They even came up to me and asked that we keep coming to teach them. They still want to keep learning more about the gospel. I reassured them that we aren’t going anywhere and that now we want to go to the temple with them. That’s the next step for recent converts, to go to the temple with names of their ancestors and get baptized on behalf of them. They are a really amazing family and their testimonies that they share of how the gospel has blessed their family really strengthened mine.

We tried playing a companionship Jeopardy type game in our zone meeting this past week to boost morale. It was great! It was like a trivia type game and everyone left with prizes (the best part). We taught a new investigator who has travelled the whole world and he thought that the restoration was really interesting. He wants to keep learning more. Also, we found a family that their dad has recently passed away. A member brought us to their house to meet them but they were all drunk. The lesson was funny, irritating, and terrible at the same time. They fought over who would talk the whole time. They literally acted like children over it. It was nuts. Otherwise, it was a good successful week. I’m excited for the next weeks to come. We’re working on another sister that needs to get married and baptized but transfers are next week. I don’t want to leave without seeing that happen...

Mom, I just found out that you quit Beehive!! Although I know that it happened about a month or so ago, I’m so happy for you. I congratulate you for the decision to stop working with jerks! I love you so much, mom. I remember writing to you about my concerns. That seems like so long ago for me! Haha.

Have an amazing week and give my love to the family!
Love,
Elder Wilson

The Familia Santillan finally got married and baptized!!! I was so happy that they could finally do it, and everything turned out perfectly. For their marriage, they almost got there late, which was kinda scary, but it turned out just fine. And for their baptism, there was a ton of people there to support them, even though Im pretty sure that everyone just showed up and stayed cuz they knew that there would be cake and treats. But its cool, cuz at least they came! The last pic is of me crashing dead on my bed after a full day of baptisms and cleaning the baptismal font and teaching. I was exhausted, so I let my comp do the calling and stuff, i took a good 30 min nap..:) Anyways, those are the pics from this week, so have a good one!
















No comments:

Post a Comment