Background

Thursday, February 11, 2016

February 8, 2016

This week we saw how the Lord has been preparing a young man in our area. His name is Jimmy Pillaca. He got to know the church through his girlfriend in the jungle of Peru. He came back after going there on a vacation. When he got back here in Nueva Esperanza, he immediately started asking around and searching for the closest chapel to his house. He got up really early last Sunday and started looking for a chapel. He was looking for about an hour and a half in the hot sun. He finally made it to church. When he got there, his feelings were confirmed that it was what he was looking for. We taught him the Restoration this week and he understood and accepted everything so willingly. He had been asking what he needed to do in order to get baptized. So, he’s going to get baptized at the end of this month. It was amazing to see how the Lord had been preparing him from a very early age to accept the gospel at this point in his life. I am so grateful to have found him with my companion this week. We are really excited to help him understand and accept the gospel in order to enter into this covenant with the Lord.
I had an interchange with Elder Perez this week and to be honest it helped me a lot. I realized that I had been stressing quite a bit lately in my area. Being with Elder Perez helped me to relax a little bit and to recognize the stress that I had been feeling. I have set the goal to study more about patience and to be able to practice it more with my companion. Elder Morales is great. He is trying really hard to improve and do better and Im really grateful for his enthusiasm in the work. He’s been doing better in teaching the Restoration and in his English as well. He’s good at asking inspired questions and I’m learning a lot from him.
I’m doing well mom. I miss you guys a lot and sometimes I just wanna finish already. Then I catch myself and realize that the mission is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I’ll never have the chance to do this again. I’m excited for the end, but not just waiting for the end.
Love you!
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment